Cadence Total Ankle
The Cadence is a total ankle system that is manufactured in the U.S. by Integra Life Sciences Corporation. It became available for use in 2016. It is a two-part total ankle (a design where the plastic bearing is attached to the upper (tibial) metal component). The Cadence has some exciting unique features that include:
- Design that matches the natural axis of the ankle.
- Bearing component that come in 1 mm increments.
- Bearing material that is highly cross-linked to make it more durable from wear.
- Left and right sided components.
- Notched tibial component that avoids fibula.
- Superior instrumentation for accurate placement.
- Systemic arthritis of the ankle.
- Primary arthritis (osteoarthritis).
- Post traumatic arthritis (chronic ankle sprains, post ankle fracture).
- Revision ankle surgery including fusion reversal.
Dr. Christensen is one of the early user surgeons and he has placed Cadence in patients from locations throughout the Northwest. The results with this system are very encouraging.
We are your Everett - Seattle area Ankle & Foot Foot Reconstructive Experts from Bothell to Everett, Smokey Point to Bellingham, Lake Stevens to Whidbey Island, and Mill Creek to Mukilteo covering King, Snohomish, Island and Skagit counties.
© 2017 Ankle & Foot Clinics Northwest