Posts for tag: Hiking
1. Get a good pair of hiking boots and break them in before your trip. Brands we recommend are Keen, Merrill, Danner, Hoka, Lowa Tibet, and Kenetrek.
2. Socks are just as important as your shoes. We recommend Smart Wool brand. Socks should be wool or a synthetic blend. Avoid cotton socks because they trap in moisture and do not wick sweat well.
3. Bring mole skin. Applying mole skin to any hot spots before blisters form may help prevent them.
3. Apply Certain Dri antiperspirant the night before and the morning of your trip. This will help keep your feet drier which will help prevent blisters.
4. Cut your toenails before you go. This will help prevent toenail injuries!
Hoke One One now has a hiking shoe! The stiff soled, rocker bottom is now combined with a high top for added ankle support. This shoe would be ideal for anyone who has ball of the foot pain or arthritis of the big toe joint, midfoot or ankle. The high top provides excellent ankle support on and off the trail. The Hoka is also lightweight and and provides good cushion. We can't say enough good things about this shoe!